Saturday, March 21, 2015

Love, Flicker, burn- Entry 14 (Double feature!)



Ugo showed up at my door on Tuesday afternoon. I couldn’t help but feel sad that he still knew where I lived. All those months I wanted him to visit, to crawl back and beg me to come back to him, he knew where I lived and never came. "What are you doing here, Ugo...there was a reason I didn't reply your message, you know." My voice didn't sound angry enough. So I put my hands on my hips.
I had ignored his message about arriving in Lagos on Monday the previous week. He had also tried calling but I just ignored. I thought he'd go South Africa and leave for France from there but apparently not. Here he was at my door. 

He said nothing and just kept looking at me. "You should have called before showing up here. Somebody could see you."
I looked carefully over his shoulder. I couldn’t afford to mess anything up with Lanre.We were starting from scratch and at the tippy-toe stage. The last thing I needed was him knowing Ugo and I were still in touch. Thankfully he was at work. This whole Ugo stunt could pass unnoticed.

"Ugo......why are you here? This thing here isn't going to work." Ugo looked intently into my eyes...or was it my lips. He was wearing a white t-shirt which hugged his toned arms... wait, why am I looking at his arms. Before my left brain could answer that intelligently, he took a step closer and kissed me. He took two more steps in and pinned me up against the wall adjacent to the door, toppling over my vase with my flowers from Lanre. I could hear the sounds of generators from the neighbors, they seemed to be sounding an alarm to push him away, to tell him about Lanre and tell him to go to hell. But, I returned the kiss. "Ugo-- " I managed to say when he started kissing my neck "the door is open."

"I know..." He said and then kissed me fully on my lips again. Door open, chipped vase and water on the floor, the deepest kiss recorded in the history of mankind, Ugo the ex.....this could only end badly....AGAIN.

To be continued.....




This was a double feature, if you missed entry 13, read here!



1 comment:

  1. I am so mad at Tiide😑I think I will be needing Lanre's contact details ASAP. I need to hook him up with someone that deserves him but on a second thought am I a 100% Lanre doesn't have scary baggages himself. Please spill some dirt on Lanre joor or is he that good😕

    ReplyDelete